Friday, August 15, 2008

Music Friday--Choral Edition!

Ok, so the choral nerd in me is totally hot for Josh Groban. Props for his version of 'On Eagle's Wings' the most familiar and repellent Catholic Hymn of all time. It gets stuck in your head for weeks and you find yourself singing it in the shower like a total dork. I love his voice, though, so in asking forgiveness for my this befouling of churchly music, I shall forgive his cover. Below is a recording of the song Lullaby he did with Ladysmith Black Mambazo. I'm not sure who put all the photos of Africa together, but I found it whilst idling on YouTube and thought I would post as a resurgent edition of Music Friday! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess it's just added proof that I'm a total dork..."On Eagle's Wings" has always been my favorite hymn since I was a kid. We had it at our wedding mass! :)