Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nashville

So, I haven't taken so much as a weekend getaway since my birthday trip to LA, and boy do I need one. Yesterday, my friend Nate told me he had tickets to go see Eddie Izzard play at the Ryman in Nashville on June 20th. Good for him. But wait! One of the tickets is for ME...so yay for me, too! It will be good to visit with Nate, who's been a constant confidante (sp?) since high school. If you want to be real about it, though--we've known each other since middle school chorus. It's weird, because I'm at the age where I've known my closest friends for more than half my life. I've known Nate since I was 11. That's like, 17 years. Holy hell. I'm getting old. But weekend roadtrips to Nashville make me feel young, so at least there's that. Here's a clip of Eddie Izzard...I can't freakin' wait. He's one of my favorite comics.

No comments: