Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gobble, Gobble.









Here are some photos from our Jordan Family Thanksgiving at the restaurant. We served just about 130 free turkey dinners, very rewarding and exhausting. I was up at 6am to make a breakfast casserole. I had procured donuts and OJ the day before. I got ready, loaded up my breakfast goodies and carted the coffeemaker to the restaurant. I arrived around 8am and spent a couple hours prepping food and hanging out with my folks and bro. Officially, we were supposed to begin serving at noon, but we wanted to be ready to plate at 11. There were enough people arriving early that we went ahead and started serving just before 11. We spent the next four hours serving and visiting with strangers. After we finished up and cleaned the kitchen, I went home to shower and nearly fell asleep. I willed myself over to CJ and Michelle's house and BOY am I glad I did. I fell in love with Wii!!! We played bowling and tennis--so much fun. I was drinking. A lot. The more I drank, the more fun I had. I was mixing Ketel One and Sunny D. A horribly tacky yet tasty concoction that my niece affectiontely named SunTinis. Too loopy to drive, I crashed at my bro's house and woke up with a wicked hangover. All-in-all, it was a successful and silly holiday.

No comments: